Friday 6 April 2012

Iris and Isaac

This is a beautiful book about friendship.  I do love books about bears as well so this book was an instant hit with both myself and Lucy aged 6.  The story enables discussion with children about friendship and forgiveness.  It gives the opportunity to talk to the children about how they may disagree and sometimes want their own space but that doesn't mean they can't be friends again.  I found this book useful to use with my class at a time when a group of girls were having friendship difficulties.
The illustrations are stunning, I love the way the polar bears have been drawn.
I imagine that this book will be found in many key stage one classrooms.



2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww she is so cute! The book looks good for little kids!
    Love Tess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy is very happy that you have seen her talking about the book. This is one of her favourites but she also likes A Place to Call Home.

      Delete